Tuesday, November 30, 2010

adventures in leatherworking

i went somewhere in long island for my first leatherworking class. i am seeing parts of new york that i would never typically see...it was a nice suburban area, somewhat near queens (actually that's what the instructor told me; i can't point on a map where i went today).

i was the only one in the class, so it was a private lesson. fortunately, i convinced my instructor to move my private lesson to the daytime. now, i don't have to travel over an hour each way at night. i told my instructor all these bags i wanted to make and he told me i should learn to walk before running. :) good advice. therefore, my first project is to make a change purse by hand. i have homework already. i have to make my pattern and bring it in next wednesday.