Sunday, September 12, 2010

Concept and Sketch Part II


I finished my concept board [see above] and rough sketches and specs on a grey Sunday afternoon; the weather is finally cooling down in NYC. I love the transition seasons, autumn and spring. While working, I realized that I really should try to relearn photoshop, to conserve paper if nothing else (I at least recycled it). I created both concept board and rough sketches by hand... literally by cutting out each photo and putting it together or sketching manually. However, there is some satisfaction in creating things by hand.
This past Friday, I sourced fine Belgian linen for the lining of the bag. It is undyed and chemical free, certified as the highest standard of Eco-Tex. I cannot wait to get it and have it hand-printed in Brooklyn with my friend Kyoko Kato's beautiful print. On the business side, I am working through the paper work of legally doing business and selling goods in NYC. Not surprisingly, I'm not nearly as excited about doing this. Ready to start the new week - hope everyone has a good one!