Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Paints


Today, I am focused on selecting paints. It's turning out to be a small dilemma because the non-toxic dyes I am using come in primary colors and some pre-mixed custom colors. Should I mix all the colors from scratch using just the primary colors or buy pre-mixed and then tweak with primary? The colors should turn out pretty much the same either way.

However, with eight different colors I want to create and a non-white base fabric, trying to figure out the minimum number of bulk paints to buy and mix is a little confusing. Also, although I do not mind slight variation in color from batch to batch since these bags are painted by hand, the more colors I have to mix myself, the greater chance of variation. Downside of being human. :)

I have small cans of the primaries so checking those on the base fabric first.