Thursday, October 7, 2010

Styling


For the soft launch of atelier nunu, I will be making two or three bags to see how they are received. If all goes well, I will launch a full collection. The 1st style is a large tote, and the 2nd style is a soft hobo. I handstitched a proto of the soft hobo today, which was quite the learning experience. I know different handbag constructions, but I have never handmade a bag. I enjoyed the experience although my stitching is terrible and uneven! :) at least i can get an idea of shape and dimension.
when sketching, sometimes I can design bags that do not quite work in reality... i.e. the gusset sticks out in a weird way or the dimensions are off. but, when creating my own mockup, I can see all the issues as I'm creating. I like the idea of minimizing waste and understanding the bag from the inside out by creating mockups.