Monday, September 20, 2010

Rough Sketch

I started the morning with very rough sketches on paper towel and came up with six more silhouettes in two minutes. Thankfully, no shortage of ideas. I will flesh out the designs for these six silhouettes this week. But, I still like the idea of focusing on one design at a time to make each one perfect. To diversify initially or to not... that will be the end of week decision.

I also have a couple more appointments for manufacturers in nyc. One of them launched several recognizable boutique brands, so it's promising. I wish manufacturers would offer more price transparency. It is always make samples with us (which involves a relatively large initial cost) and then we can determine the per unit cost afterwards. They are trying to lock me in, and I am working on persuading them to at least state a range. As I said before, baby steps towards the end goal!