Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day with Manufacturers

Today, I met with a NYC handbag factory owned by an intimidating Korean lady. We couldn't communicate that well, and she ignored some of my questions. But, her samples looked good, and she agreed to work with me.

I also had a call with another manufacturer who, after chatting for a bit about my idea, said he would do me a favor and let me come in for an interview to show my concept and sketches. He stated that he only works on challenging, pure design projects. He launched accessories for Ralph Lauren, Donna Karan, etc. I thought I would be interviewing him on his capabilities and pricing, but apparently it will be the reverse. Real life porter's five forces - why am I so small!? :) At least he speaks the same design language as I do. Time to prepare for my interview!